Mounts Hardball Academy
Focus: Instructional training on hitting, position specific, and in-game situational training. This year, we are planning to have instructional training on Tuesday’s and Thursdays, along with friendly scrimmages and additional instruction on Saturdays.
Instruction: Experienced coaches with over 100+ years of coaching will lead the academy sessions. This is also a great time for those interested in coaching and are looking to learn before taking the head coach role.
- Age as of 4/30/2020: 10U (8-10), 12U (11-12), and 14U (13-14)
- Programs for under 8 will resume in the spring.
- Practices on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Games/Scrimmages on Saturday’s starting October 3rd (tentative date).
- Cost: $5 per player per session (Must be paid the day of instruction, no exceptions)
- The training sessions will be cancelled if the Ephrata School District closes.
- Schedule: Beginning Tuesday, 9/8 and ending Saturday 10/31.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5:30-7 (Pitching, Positional Training and Batting Practice)
- Saturdays 10am-12pm (Instruction and Scrimmages)
- Snyder Park
- 10U - Snyder Park (Field 2)
- 12U - Snyder Park (Field 3)
- 14U - Snyder Park (Field 1)
- A quick Covid-19 Questionnaire will be required to be completed by a parent/guardian prior to each instructional training.
- Held at Pavilion
- This is to minimize the risk of exposure for all players and coaches
Registration will be at the Snyder Park Pavilion (Near Fields 2/3) starting at 5pm Tuesday and Thursday’s, and 9:30am on Saturdays. – proof of Health Insurance will be required.
Please email any questions to: email@example.com
- Why are we not playing in the LCYBL in the fall? The EBA has a long history of providing superior instruction and game opportunities to players from K-12th grades. The fall program, associated with LCYBL, was a good option to provide players and coaches to for additional game time experience & to build confidence. As we progress for the future, the EBA reviewed what we wanted to accomplish and what we needed to do to achieve our goals. We made the decision to transition to an in-house program which provides all of us more flexibility to capitalize on our K-12 cohesive program and the indoor facility for the benefit of more parent-coach & players. We will be part of the LCYBL and Little League in the spring.
- Does my player have to attend all sessions? A: We obviously encourage attendance as much as possible but that is the one of biggest benefits to the program. They can attend when they can. We just ask that the parents keep the instructors/coaches aware of the plans.
- Can girls register? A: For sure! The age requirements apply to all registrants.
- Is there a multiple child discount? A: Not for the fall season
- Is there financial assistance? A: Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll review each request.
Fall Program Benefits
- Positional Training
- Additional Hitting Time
- No-score Scrimmages
- Arm-care focus
- Coach Development
- Physical & Mental Conditioning
Important: As with all new programs, there will be some bumps in the road (disorganization, misunderstandings, etc) but we thank you in advance for some patience and support for the big picture. A similar program was done last winter with the High School team and the EBA believes in High School Coach Adrian Shelley’s vision that we play too many games and focus too much on “keeping score” in these early years. With this new fall program, one big change for most of us (players, parents, and coaches) will not being able to say “we won” or “keep stats”. Our measurement for success will be about how much they learn, improve, and love the game. We ask for your support in discussions with your player to support the vision and focus on learning the game without keeping score. We also invite parents to get their clearances so they can be on the field, with the coaches to ask questions, and learn as their players are learning.